1. The Consumer Guarantees Act gives you certain guarantees in relation to the goods you purchase from us. It also specifies your rights and remedies if our goods fail to meet one or more of these guarantees. We will always comply with all requirements of the Consumer Guarantees Act.
2. We offer the following warranties on the items listed below (but subject to warranty exclusions). We will repair, replace or refund the item depending on how serious the fault is. The warranty only covers damage to the item and does not cover other loss or costs.
3. The length of our warranties are as follows:
(a) Shower glass and aluminium – five year warranty from the date of purchase.
(b) Shower tray, liner and moving parts such as seals, rollers, handles, etc – one year warranty from the date of purchase.
(c) Vanities and cabinets – five year warranty from date of purchase.
(d) Vanity soft close hinges and drawers – two year warranty from the date of purchase.
(e) Toilet bowls – five year warranty from the date of purchase.
(f) Toilet cistern parts and toilet seats – one year warranty from the date of purchase.
(g) All accessories for our items, mirrors and mirror cabinets – one year warranty from the date of purchase.
(h) Wastes, bottle traps and angle valves – one year warranty from the date of purchase.
(i) Tapware and shower heads surfaces – five year warranty from the date of purchase.
(j) Flexible hoses and ceramic cartridges – one year warranty from the date of purchase.
(k) Ceramic basins – two year warranty from the date of purchase.
(l) Acrylic bath – five year warranty from the date of purchase.
(m) LED light mirror – two year warranty from the date of purchase.
(n) Heated towel rail surfaces – five year warranty from the date of purchase.
(o) Heated towel rail accessories including electrical items – one year warranty from the date of purchase.
4. In addition to our warranties in the preceding paragraph some of our items and manufacture ranges come with an extended manufacturer/parts warranty.
5. Warranties exclude:
•Normal wear and tear;
•Misuse of a product and/or use for which it was not designed;
•Neglect, deliberate damage, failure to care for or maintain the product in an acceptable manner;
•Unauthorised repairs or modifications;
•Minor issues which do not affect performance or decorative value;
•Damage caused after removal and reinstallation, for example when moving house or moving the product within your house;
•Commercial/industrial property installation, rental property and item rental use.
6. Repairs and repairers must be authorised by Crown Bathrooms otherwise the costs you incur may not be covered in full by the warranty;
7. Installation and workmanship not carried out by personnel authorised by us is excluded from this warranty. You should make sure that you obtain a full written warranty from your tradesperson for all materials and workmanship completed and keep a copy of all correspondence from them. All items should always be installed by a qualified experienced tradesperson;
8. Installation must comply with industry standards and normal practices including pre-installation inspection and check and post-installation testing of all functions of the particular item. If you do not do this this can sometimes limit your claim under our warranty;
9. Where items should be installed by a registered tradesperson then you should ensure that the tradesperson doing the installation for you is fully registered and has all current certifications;
10. The cost of installation and any losses or costs arising from faulty installation are not covered by this warranty;
11. Our warranty does not cover replacement of products where damage is caused by normal wear and tear, the water pressure is outside the recommended levels or where the hot water temperature exceeds 55 degrees centigrade;
12. Our warranty does not cover any vanity or top that has been tiled into a wall ie fitting or fixing of vanity to a wall and tiling into the side and around it and/or tiling down and/or around the vanity top, nor does our warranty cover an MDF vanity unit that is installed adjacent to a bath. Vanity cabinets and tops must be fitted to finished wall coverings;
13. If we send any tradesmen to your property at your request to rectify any warranty issue and the tradesperson advises us that the issue is not covered by this warranty, then a service or call out fee will be charged to you.